How to Find a Photographer Who is Right For You:
It is important to understand that there are several categories of photographers and it is best to choose one who specializes in a specific type that fits with your needs is important for success. Overlap in photographic skill and types do exist of course, but it will be easier to meet expectations when you hire them based on how the majority of their images reflect the type of photography you are seeking. If you see a website full of variety, it can be that the best one in a million photos is posted they may not be able to replicate it. You want to see consistency and repetition.
TYPES of PHOTOGRAPHY
- Portrait Photographer- **is a broad subject and many types of portraiture are very specific so please do not assume that a portrait photographer who specializes in babies can do the same job as one who specializes in corporate photography
- Baby- photographers who specialize in baby photography should be well versed in juggling the needs of the baby as well as providing appropriate props and a safe environment while photographing a baby.
- Family- family photographers are used to handling more than one person when lighting and shooting, it is a challenging task and often they are expected to shoot on location
- Corporate- corporate photographers understand the needs of professionalism and a polished look for their clients. They should work well under pressure and respect the demands of the work environment if they work on site. They often deliver images fully edited and polished.
- Senior- Senior photographers tend to be very flexible and sensitive to bring out the confidence in a teen. It is their job to understand both the needs of the teen and their parents desires. The parent is generally requested to refrain from attending the photoshoot in order to have the teen relaxed during their shoot.
- Editorial- Editorial photographers are well versed in creating or analyzing scenes that portray somewhat of a story about a person. Generally the goal is for public consumption in news or commercial stories.
- Wedding Photographer- Wedding photographers are highly skilled in capturing candid moments as well as expected moments. They often work from a shot list and work long hours editing post production and shooting. If they are professional and experienced, they generally are not inexpensive but will deliver lifelong memories.
- Documentary Photographer- Documentary photographers do the important job of reporting factual unmanipulated images
- Fashion Photographer- if you are interested in modeling, want to showcase a product or clothing piece this is a good choice. Be sure to look at their past images.
- Nature/Landscape photography-